Jun 6, 2012

A summer at IISc ....

I had always  dreamt of visiting the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).The premier institute of Science in India established by Jamshedji Tata ,in 1909 ,is  considered to be the mecca for science and engineering students in India.
By the grace of God, I have been selected for the Summer Research Fellowship Programme of the Indian Academies of Sciences and am at present working on a two month research project at the Centre For Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (CAOS) at the Indian Institute Of Science(IISc),Bangalore.The


the main building ..IISc,Bangalore
IAS SRFP is conducted every year to give students and teachers of various science and engineering fields , an opportunity to do some quality research work under the guidance of renowned professors working in various research institutions of India.
I am working under Dr. S.K. Satheesh ,in the field of aerosol studies. Particularly my work would be involving analysing satellite data about the surface reflectance and other related properties and studying how aerosols are affecting these properties.
Atmospheric sciences is a very important field of planetary sciences and is slowly catching up in India.I would be regularly updating about my work on this blog for the benefit of others who are interested in aerosol research. 

The statue of Jamshedji Tata at IISc

His Highness Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar

And that's me......


3 comments:

  1. WoW! Going places...Best wishes for things yet to come...Glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the virtual tour. Even though I am from Bangalore, I have never visited IISc. First time here. Nice to meet someone as interested in science as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post and u want more info cpa in bangalore pls visit once..Cpa in bangalore

    ReplyDelete